The Tres Chic Challenge at Bella Creations this month is to create a 'shabby chic' project using pink, turquoise and cream. I used cardboard coffee cup slides to make a mini album! I started out by painting the ends and edges of the sleeves.
I covered the fronts and backs with paper after I stapled the bottoms closed. Next, I made tags to fit inside the sleeves which pull out vertically. I used a round punch to make pull tabs, and stamped them with a flower from Technique Tuesday.I used vellum, ink, brads,T!m Holtz filmstrip, flowers, pearls...I had a grand ol' time going 'shabby'!
I even added a gorgeous clear moon charm to the binding ring~
I used lace from my mother-in-laws' old stash, and painted a grungeboard bird with crackle paint~
This was so fun to make....and a great 'green' project. Check out this fabulous prize for the Tres Chic Challenge!

This is so Freaking Fantastic! I just love it! Beautiful colors and looks so fun to make! Thanks for sharing Shawn...great tutorial!
ReplyDeleteSuper Fabulous Cool Beans!
Just another quick note. Last night while ice skating....I found myself saying "cool beans" to a comment someone made. My DH husband looked at me...and was like...when did you start using that? Apparently someone he works with says that and for the life of him he couldn't remember who...LOL. Great conversation we had about that! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThis is so great! Love it! Way to recycle!
ReplyDeleteWow! Who woulda thought you could have results as amazing at this with coffee sleeves!!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteLOVIN' your little book, Shawn! Whenever I go to Panera I come home with the little coffee slides, thinking I'll use them in a LO or something related to paper art. Are yours textured? I really like the texture that the Panera slides have. Well, HONEYBEE.....you ROCKED this project!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so innovative! Love it!
ReplyDelete