Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Baking with Tea!


Ok ladies, I know you have had tea with cookies but have you baked tea in cookies?! Here is a recipe from Food Network's Claire Robinson for Earl Grey Shortbread~

Directions

In a food processor, pulse together the flour, tea, and salt, until the tea is just spotted throughout the flour. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and butter. Pulse together just until a dough is formed. Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll into a log, about 2 1/2-inches in diameter. Tightly twist each end of wrap, and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the log into 1/3-inch thick disks. Place on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart (2 probably needed depending on size of sheets). Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool to room temperature.

I recommend you use quality loose tea, but if all you have is bagged Earl Grey tea you can still make these yummy, buttery cookies.

If you are looking for my BLOG Anniversary Giveaway, you can click on the PEETS Holiday Breakfast Blend photo on my sidebar or see the Blog Post for Nov 29. Enter by December 6!

Here is a card I made using the Recollections Naughty Or Nice Paper pad~


I stamped the sentiment three times. The small Pansies are Prima. I sewed a bit on this card and stamped behind the patterned paper too~




10 comments:

  1. You are BUSY today, PIC!!! Thanks for sharing your Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies! Love your sweet, sweet card.....especially the pansies!!!

    BIG HUGS TO YOU!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies look delicious...could you send me some LOL! I love to bake at Christmas time. This looks like one I should try.
    Congrats on your blog anniversary!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I will definitely be trying these cookies! I love my Earl Grey!
    Your card is so cute! Love the pansies!
    Hugs!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card!
    I enjoy Earl Grey tea and shortbread both.
    I'll have to try them together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card and the recipe sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me hungry. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable! Never heard of putting tea IN cookies!! May have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll bet my husband would love these. He is an earl grey fanatic. Your card is marvelous.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool recipe. Gotta try them! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~