Poinsettias are such a part of Christmas...you probably give one or recieve one at this time of year. Contrary to popular myth these plants are not poisonous, although nobody should ingest them because they are not food. (the link above takes you to FAQs for poinsettias)
Some interesting poinsettia history~
In the 17th century, Juan Balme, a botanist, noted the poinsettia plant in his writings.
~The botanical name, Euphorbia pulcherrima, was assigned to the poinsettia by the German botanist, Wilenow. The plant grew through a crack in his greenhouse. Dazzled by its color, he gave it the botanical name, Euphorbia pulcherrima meaning "very beautiful."
I made a Wonderland themed Christmas card tonight and plan to share it at the Altered Alice blog. I used K and Company die cut poinsettias on my card~
I used:
- vintage book page
- bakery string and mesh ribbon
- stamped teacup, 1995 Stampin' Up
- stamped Penny Black sentiment
- stamped Inkadinkadoo AIW rabbit
- S. Hunt Bella Blvd houndstooth cardstock
- Distress Ink
sharing this post with Uncommonly Yours

Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Your Christmas card is so much fun; the White Rabbit in the cup is PERFECT! Beautiful coloring and I surely enjoyed all the poinsettia trivia!
ReplyDeleteLove the white rabbit & the poinsettias. Fab card. x
ReplyDeleteThat's a great card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poinsettias card, they're Christmas all the way! I also love the white rabbit on the cup. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your earlier visit, I'm late answering because I went away to help my daughter move to her new home for a week, but I'm here now to wish you and yours the merriest of Christmas and many a blessing.
ReplyDeleteFABBY
Wonderful card, Shawn! You are so creative and can make THE most beautiful cards and tags from your scrapbook room! I never tire of your lovely designs! Gorgeous, as always!
ReplyDeleteThis is really beautiful Shawn!!! I just love your work!!!! Wish I was there to share a cup of tea!!! Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!! Hugs, Karen
ReplyDeleteThis is sooo totally beautiful--WOW!!! Merry Christmas to you!!
ReplyDeleteXO
Cindy
I love everything Alice so I'm lovin' this card. Thanks for the info on the poinsettia.
ReplyDeleteOh I just LOVE this! The White Rabbit looks so festive in the beautiful tea cup and your poinsettia facts were very interesting. Thanks so much for joining The Altered Alice. xxD
ReplyDeleteCongrats with your winning card!! It is really a BEAUTY!!
ReplyDeleteLove from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
Just found you through "The Altered Alice" blog . . . your teacup Christmas card is absolutely wonderful! I love every detail-and I'm so glad to have found your wonderful blog!
ReplyDelete