A package arrived today from Cathi in Ireland~ she sent me some delicious tea and a wonderful cup. Thank you, Cathi! I love what you sent, and will think of you every time I use them. I immediately steeped up a pot of tea and put the cup to good use!
Today is also the give away day for the recipe cards~ Lisa won them. Lisa wrote,
I love turkey dinners but treasure the tradition of making peanut butter balls. This has been something I have done for several years with my mom and cousin but over the last few years, it has mostly been with my little girls. My mom is included when she can, we live about 1 1/2hrs away from each other. My "family tradition" book shows the recipe and pictures withing the first few pages. Fun to have connected with you, Blessings,
Lisa
Lisa, send me your addy so I can pop those cards in the mail to you. Thanks, ladies, for sharing what culinary treats you enjoy during the holidays.
And today I took some photos...told you I would!...of the mantle where we display some of our toy soldiers and nutcrackers.
Our walls are a soft millet gold, which does not show up in the flash.
I sewed the handsome guy sitting atop the box, then detailed him with fabric paint.
Nesting soldiers~
The soldier on the left holds a small soldier bowling pin set; small soldier 'pins' and a wooden ball. The center soldier is a metal candlestick, and the nutcracker on the right is a clock maker.
Last, but not least, this petite soldier hangs inside a glass and makes a lovely sound when you gently ring the bell.


Oh how we love nutcrackers! Funny I'm getting your message today, I am rolling my frozen PB balls in chocolate today wishing my mom was helping..she is shopping! Thanks again, Lisa
ReplyDelete