Handyman and I had a date day this past week and headed over to the Orange Circle for breakfast and a bit of window shopping. We are frequent visitors to this quaint and historic area. There are lots of shops and restaurants as well as a small central fountain. Country Roads Antiques and Gardens is one of our favorite shops. It is loaded to the rafters with beautiful things and there is a garden in the back where you can purchase plants and flowers! I love this cedar lined chest. Isn't it pretty?
Roses and more roses~
and even more! This is a porcelain teacup by Roses Regency~ I like the broad opening and elongated loop handle. The touches of blue remind me of the sky.
Such a handsome chair~
Such a handsome chair~
A sweet wicker table to sit at and write letters while sipping tea~
Or would you prefer a desk?
I have a fondness for dish dressers...ooh, ahh!
Let's step outside and see what is for sale in the back garden...you can barely see the vintage truck for all the plants!
Hope you enjoyed this trip to the Country Roads shop!
sharing this post with:
Mosaic Monday
Rose Chintz Cottage
Artful Affirmations
Marthas Favorites
Make It Pretty Monday
You're Going To Love It Tuesday
Sunny Simple Life
Sundays Best








oh I so adore these sorts of shops and usually wish I could buy it all! They are wonderful places to browse, dream and decorate. Have a wonderful week. I am linking up to you through Mosaic Monday.
ReplyDeleteLovely and many of these scenes could have so easily been in my little historical hometown. Have a great week~
ReplyDeleteThats sooo pretty! What a neat little place!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to visit a place like that shop - so much to see - it could take hours. Did you come home empty-handed?
ReplyDeleteOh oh oh...so my kind of place. Thanks for sharing...a visit in person would be just dangerous for me.
ReplyDeleteTell me again where you live!
Have a great week,
Linda
Hi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteI enjoy those kinds of shops too. Love the chest, the writing desk, and especially the dish dresser! What fun to browse! Did you buy anything? I rarely leave a place like that empty-handed. Of course, I have to love something before I buy it too. Thank you for sharing this with us and enjoy your week.
Blessings,
Sandi
Hi Shawn: Thank you for your visit. Yes, we are having a party. I was just having trouble with Blogger tonight. I think I have it working. Please join us. Love that cabinet with all the pink tea cups. I would love to have one just like it in my house. Always a pleasure to visit you. I do hope one day we could meet. That would be so much fun. Have a great week. Hugs, Martha
ReplyDeleteOh Shawn, what a fun place to visit. I love both desks and the cabinet full of dishes. Looks like it just as fun outside as in.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jann
Hi Shawn, thanks for taking us along on your shopping adventure. It looks like a place I would certainly enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking us along on your date! I love the dish dresser, and the dishes lol! Thank you for sharing at my party and inviting me to share a cuppa with you :-)
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! I love the Orange Circle, I used to live in HB. It was so fun to go over there and look around. The hutches full of china are so gorgeous! Did you bring home any china?
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Terri
What a fun place! No wonder you enjoy going there. Must have been a great day. I love the teacup too! Thanks for sharing your day and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
ReplyDeleteRuth
Oh! I am hungry to spend time in a shop like this! It's been a few months since I've had the pleasure of an antiques mall. Need a fix! Goodwill and thrifting has its pleasures - but shops like this are a spa retreat to my imagination!
ReplyDeleteJoy!
Kathy
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI came by today to thank you for your visit and kind comments on my Craft Room and what a pleasant surprise! A Shop Tour! How I love these and what a great place this must be to visit!!
Thanks so much for sharing! I really enjoyed it. I am following you now...
Hugs,
Debbie
Looks like a wonderful place to visit with so many pretty things to see!
ReplyDeleteToo much fun!!! I wouldn't know where to start. Beautiful tea cup! Happy Tea Day!
ReplyDeleteOkay my wallet would have been in trouble. Are you in SoCal? Is that Old Town Orange?
ReplyDeleteOK, I just became your follower sweet pea, I just love your blog! Thanks for this FAR AWAY TRIP, for which I'm thankful as my wallet would have been sooo short after leaving that place, so many gorgeous things! I specially love the hutch with all the dishes, though, I mean as is! Thanks for your lovely and kind visit, I so enjoy it when you do..hope you like to follow back..ONLY IF YOU WISH!! Hugs,
ReplyDeleteFABBY
Oh, this looks like a wonderful place to spend time browsing through! Lots of gorgeous things to be seen. I think my credit cards would have had to stay home! I hope you are having a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteI loved your trip to Country Roads shop! The cedar lined chest is beautiful. My daughter would love one for her bedroom. Your photo's are lovely. Beautiful Antiques and Gardens! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Lisa
Thank you for your Card with all the fun goodies!! That ribbon is so WONDERFUL, love it!!
ReplyDeleteThe walk down the Country Road shop is so much fun, because of your writing and beautiful photo's I know all about it!!! Always fun to read your lovely stories!!
Love from The Netherlands,
Leintje*
Now that's my kind of place to shop. So many beautiful things.
ReplyDeleteDee
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI'm your newest follower :)
What a great place to shop! I see so many wonderful pieces...Thank You for sharing and I hope you have a great night!
Aledia @ Plum Perfect
Thanks for the delightful tour...I felt like I was part of your date...a threesome ( ha Ha).. Oh what fun..Did you buy anything ? I love these old vintage shops ....Enjoy your week-end....Hugs
ReplyDeleteSuch fantastic pieces! Thanks for taking us along! And, thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
ReplyDeleteI sure did enjoy taking a country roads trip, so many great treasures to want! I so wish I could visit this shop, but at least I got to experience it with you. Maybe its good its not close, my pocket book couldn't take it! My fingers are crossed that you will share this creativeness over at Sundays' Best going on right now - sharing is a good thing!
ReplyDeleteStill so loving the shops, you are lucky to live close to visit! Just wanted to say I was so happy you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success! Hope to see you next week!
ReplyDelete