This is what one of our hydrangea bushes looked like ten days ago.
This is what it looked like yesterday!
I wish we had space to grow vegetables, but we have a typical southern California backyard - meaning a little bigger than a postage stamp! - which is on the north side of the lot. Anyone have luck with growing veggies in containers?
Have you heard about the Tea Party wax warmer by Yankee Candle Company? I've never used a wax warmer, but the little white teapot is cute!



Awesome photos, Shawn! I am so happy that your hydrangea bush is coming along so beautifully! I love hydrangeas!!!! We planted them in our backyard when we first moved here, and have been enjoying them every summer since! Thank you so much for your wonderful visit to my blog! I really appreciate the comments you left, especially about hiding the Easter eggs for College Girl!
ReplyDeleteThat will be beautiful soon! I love hydrangeas.
ReplyDeleteSherry
Wow! You must be so excited to see things taking off again! I will have to go peek at my hydrangeas now. I'm just thrilled watching the greenery coming up for the irises planted by our garage ~ watching them get a little taller every day.
ReplyDeleteThat is quite a pop of color in such a short time. Hydrangea's are my favorite flower. I woke up to fresh snow again this morning ;o{. But two of my grand children are here to light up my day. Have a great week, enjoy your garden.
ReplyDeleteYour hydrangea is aMAZing! You're going to enjoy that this year! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHappy week!
Kelley~
I can't wait till things start to get growing here...still too cool. I hope to work out in my gardens tomorrow :0) Supposed to be 60 degrees!! Wooo hooo! I would think you could do containers for veggies!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Heather
Your vegetables will do great in big pots. I live in Michigan, and I grow them during the summer months. Herbs too do well in pots!
ReplyDeleteLOve Hydrangeas!! Look at you growing those beauties in your own backyard!! Yes, we have grown some simple veggies in pots-tomatoes, peppers, pumpkin, vine type stuff will do well!!
ReplyDeleteJemma
Wow--great "time lapse" photography! My forsythia bush is starting to bud!
ReplyDeleteI received a hydrangea plant as a gift. I'm hoping to plant it soon. One friend told me that she cuts it down very fall. It looks like you leave yours as is. I saw that Yankee Candle teapot warmer, too, and thought it was adorable.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your hydrangeas already have such big leaves! We only have buds or tiny baby leaves for now!
ReplyDelete