Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 22, 2013

A Pocket Full Of Posies!



I got a package in the mail the other day - it was my new Treasured Times Rubber stamp by Roza Silva. I am part of their Design Team and am having fun with the charming folk art stamps they carry! In my Scrap Room today I created a card, as well as a quick tutorial to share with you. I designed this card with a pocket to hold a package of flower seeds~


 start with card stock measuring 8" x 8.5"


after cutting away bottom left square draw a diagonal line across the right bottom square- this view is the inside of the card


after cutting on the diagonal, fold flap up and glue along right edge to form pocket


Now you are free to stamp and decorate your pocket card. 

 
I stamped the Baby Doll In The Garden image twice: I fussy cut the second image and separated the flower pot from the baby doll. I colored the image with Distress Inks and my Zig Water pen, but you could use markers or pencils. 




I used Kathy Davis card stock that is on sale right now at JoAnn's Fabric stores. I also used a strip of Recollections brand washi tape with birds on it. The little banner in the upper corner is Basic Grey. I mounted the flower pot on foam adhesive for dimension, which gives the illusion that the baby doll is sitting inside the pot!
 
 Slide a flower seed packet into the pocket. I decorated the pocket with matching card stock and added a stamped sentiment


 There is room for a tea bag, too!




sharing this post with:

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! What a great idea to have a place to hold te seeds, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute and perfect for a thoughtful 'I'm thinking of you' moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really clever card design....loved the tutorial, Shawn! And your stamping and colouring is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Shawn! What a SWEET card this makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shawn! I love these cards so much! I really like what you did with the stamp- and the inside of the card is an awesome surprise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just a master with your card creations. So cute. Thanks so much for my surprise! So sorry that I am tardy with my thank you. Since my quilt retreat, I've had such a time getting back on track.
    Hope all is well in your world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love this card- especially the pocket! Thanks for the tutorial on how to do it- can't wait to try it:) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments- I sure appreciate it.

    P.S. LOVE your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~