Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Get Your Glow On!


I am excited to share this idea with you! Handyman and I did this last year and everyone had a blast looking for eggs in our backyard. 
OK, you need;
  • plastic eggs, the bigger size is easier to use
  • flexible glow in the dark sticks
 


 Shortly before your egg hunt, place a glow in the dark stick inside each egg. Of course, your egg hunt needs to be held after dark to get the maximum glow! We held our glow-in-the-dark Egg Hunt on Saturday evening. 

 

 


 The eggs have a small hole in one end. On some of them we knotted string inside in order to hang them in trees. Can you picture it? Glowing eggs hidden here and there in the yard, and dangling from trees?! 



 Have fun!


sharing this post with:
 

9 comments:

  1. What a cool idea, Shawn!! I would LOVE to try it with the grands!

    I was also inspired by your idea to make Ms. C. a matching nightgown to go with her doll's bed ensemble. It is on the cutting table now & I just finished a matching pillowcase for her, with her name on it. I can't wait to see her face when she opens these! Thanks for the idea of the nightie!

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool beans!! What a fabby idea. My boys are teens now...but they still like to look for eggs...what fun it would be to do it at night! We used to get the glow sticks for the boys all the time! We would hand them out at Halloween. I can remember the boys accidentally breaking them open...and their clothes glowing...LOL. Good ole days. I may just have to run by our dollar tree and pick some up :0)
    Hope you Collage girl, and hubby have a wonderful Easter!
    Hugs!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello.
    I'm always looking forward to a nice blog.
    The ancient capital of Japan; Kyoto is Cherry Blossom Festival.
    Please search in the personal computer world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for this idea Shawn, I am sending all the Grand kids to your house.
    You get to stay up late and play. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow~ I love this idea! How fun is this???
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, love all the glowing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really fun idea! I'm going to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this......great idea.....and beautiful.....and, how meaningful, too! Christ is the light of the World, and He comes to us in our darkest hours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an idea I'll be saving for Easter with the grandchildren next year. It looks like it would be great fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~