Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 8, 2013

Whimsical Wisteria~


 I didn't get much sleep last night as I hurt my back a couple of days ago. What energetic activity was I engaged in when I hurt myself? Somersaults? Back flips? No, I was simply toweling off after a shower. Yikes, it is tough getting old! I hate to think what condition my back would be in if I had been doing gymnastics.  Ha ha! I decided to take my daily walk and see if a bit of exercise would make me feel better. It did! Not only did my muscles loosen up, but I spotted this lovely wisteria vine.


A light breeze played with these hanging blossoms as I photographed them, so please excuse the blurriness. I was entranced with the gorgeous shades of periwinkle and lilac and hurriedly took out my cell phone to capture the beauty of the clusters for you.
The woody vine climbed a post and spread out on beams overhead. It made an inviting entrance to a small chapel~

 

 sharing this post with:

Outdoor-Wednesday-logo_thumb1_thumb1[2]



7 comments:

  1. Isn't it marvelous?! What a way to make your day!

    Hope the back's feeling pert and perfect sooner than later!

    Happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wisteria so much! Hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the walk helped your back, Shawn! What a romantic plant Wisteria is with it's grace and lovely purple hues....one of my faves! Lovely post, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wisteria! I see it all the time and I never knew what it was called. You learn something new every day! Hope your back is better soon so you can enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think wisteria are glorious! What a extravagantly beautiful bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wisteria is one of my #1 loves! I had a vine and a tree at my previous home. Hope to have one here soon. Love the blooms as well as the scent. Thanks for sharing with SYC. Back pain is the pits. Hope it heals fast!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain, I hurt mine yesterday taking out the garbage. Heating pads help a lot! And walking is one thing that works too! I love your Wisteria shots. My neighbour has a wisteria tree I am waiting to bloom so I can take photos of it too! And taking photos also takes your mind off pain as well come to think of it! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you visited and really appreciate your comments. I'll put a fire under the kettle and you choose which tea we'll steep~