There's a good chance if you have a daughter under age 25 she likes painting her nails for special occasions. College Girl took a break from homework to color eggs with us today and I saw that she had given herself a manicure. Depending on the colors you choose, this design could go from 'after 5' to South West. I can picture her using a black base, then a golden yellow, then black again for a fun Kappa Alpha Theta event!
I got out our Paas kit, some vinegar and a variety of mugs for dipping. Nothing fancy this year, just a wax crayon and a rubber band, but we had fun nonetheless. Even Handyman got into the spirit of it and dyed eggs with us! His egg is the two-toned one in the upper left corner~
A couple eggs have a Scripture verse, there is a bunny, an egg for Captain America, Loki, The Hulk and more. Here are ten of the eggs we colored. Later we made cinnamon coffee cake and a baked egg dish for Easter breakfast.
The best part was being together in the kitchen overlooking our sunny backyard, talking and reminiscing about past Easters. "Remember when..?" I remembered when College Girl was a pre-schooler and couldn't wait to hug a big white Easter Bunny at the store! I was so surprised since she was still afraid of Santa, but a life-sized bunny towering over her - no problem!
Here is the easy tutorial that College Girl used to do her manicure.
sharing this post with:
A Bouquet of Talent at Lakeshore Dr
Let's Get Social Sunday
Blog Lovin' Blog Hop





Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteI love those nail art colors and design! Thanks for sharing the YouTube
The eggs look great. Isn't coloring eggs loads of fun? Hope you have a wonderful Easter.
ReplyDeleteHeidi’s Wanderings
What a fun time with your grown-up daughter. Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteI'm visiting from Let's Get Social Sunday. Happy Easter to you! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I loved reading about your Easter Sunday, Shawn! Great manicure by CG too!!!
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by from the Sunday Let's Get Social Link Party to follow your blog on GFC while I was here. Would love if you’d follow back if you enjoy cooking and recipes http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Shauna