There is still time to enter my CCVII post give-away by commenting HERE by March 4th. Does free chocolate and tea sound good?
It's March! You may have snow where you live, but here in Southern California buds are popping up on all the bushes outside. Our roses and hydrangea plants are showing signs of stirring. We bought some flower seeds and a package of Gladiolus bulbs and I can't wait to pull on my gardening gloves and start working in the garden. Do you keep a gardening journal? I do. I include a few photos and even sketch in it!
It's March! You may have snow where you live, but here in Southern California buds are popping up on all the bushes outside. Our roses and hydrangea plants are showing signs of stirring. We bought some flower seeds and a package of Gladiolus bulbs and I can't wait to pull on my gardening gloves and start working in the garden. Do you keep a gardening journal? I do. I include a few photos and even sketch in it!
The
meaning of pink roses is as beautiful and as graceful as the delicate
blossom. They're often seen in bridal arrangements and thank you or
congratulations bouquets. Considering the word "rose" brings to mind the
faint blush of a fair maiden's cheeks, it's not surprising these blooms
are a favorite to give and receive.
The Song of the Wild Rose Fairy
I am queen whom everybody knows;
I am the English Rose;
As light and free as any Jenny Wren,
As dear to the Englishmen;
As joyous as a Robin Redbreast's tune,
I scent the air of June;
My buds are rose as a baby's cheek;
I have one word to speak,
One word which is my secret and my song,
'Tis "England, England, England" all day long.
I am queen whom everybody knows;
I am the English Rose;
As light and free as any Jenny Wren,
As dear to the Englishmen;
As joyous as a Robin Redbreast's tune,
I scent the air of June;
My buds are rose as a baby's cheek;
I have one word to speak,
One word which is my secret and my song,
'Tis "England, England, England" all day long.
C.M.Barker
sharing this with:



Just beautiful! We have snow falling and a small amount on the ground.. Last Saturday I was digging in the yard... My flowers are starting to burst forth from the ground.. Just hope all this cold weather does not destroy our Spring blooms.. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteSweet fairey cup! I only wish we were seeing signs of Spring! Lucky YOU.
ReplyDeleteHello, my sweet friend,
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed your post so much. I'm a bit envious that you are already seeing Spring in it's glory. I live at 3600 ft. above sea level in the high desert of Oregon. It will be a while before Spring shows it's pretty face here. I m visiting my sister in the Willamette Valley right now and just a few days ago I saw my first tiny little daffodils. They're so sweet and we picked a little vase full for my elderly Mom.
Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my blog and commenting. You area a friend, indeed.
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo
A cup of fairy, so sweet :) We still have cold snow and its stroming to and Im longing soo much for times with roses and hydrangeas sometimes I seriously dream of moving to a warmer place :) Wish you a nice week to come, xo Katarina
ReplyDeleteJust snow and cold here in the mountains of NC. We do see signs of spring though. My Iris garden is peeking out of the earth. The forsythia is trying to bud too. Yay.
ReplyDeleteI too LOVE roses. My favorite flower of all. Their beauty is always a blessing.
Happy Pink Sat.
Jeanne
Someone said chocolate? I thought I smell chocolate over here :) I am a huuuge fan of chocolate and to me, it goes with anything and everything. A cup of tea or coffee are preffered though :)
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are so vey cute and they match perfectly a nice cup of tea and chocolate :)
xoxo
What a charming and beautiful post!! Your photos and collage are splendid, aren't you just thrilled that you will be able to start planting so soon!! I do not keep a gardening journal, but I really need to. Thank you for this inspiration!!
ReplyDelete~Jemma
P.S.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting for me, I always enjoy hearing from you! Hope your day is going really well!
Hi Shawn! Well, it's march and just call me green with envy at your sun and buds and blooms out there in Southern Cal! Here in Southern New Jersey I'm still wearing my fingerless gloves everyday to help beet the cold around the house. Looking forward to that March Lion turning to a Lamb by month's end and warmer days ahead! Also hoping for more leisure time to blog as I've been trying to get more artistic balance in my life. My job is pretty creative, but I need to write and scrap and hand-make just for me, sometimes. Glad to be catching up with you in time to celebrate your 207 followers! Hooray!! I just made 203 on the eve of my March Blogoversary - been two years in Blogland now. I guess I shall have to come up with a give-away, too. Hmmmmm . . .
ReplyDeleteDo enter me in yours - love to celebrate the cherished time spent with so many lovely and enriching ladies here in Blogland. God has blessed me with getting to know inspiring women like YOU - may you know even more followers this year to take joy in the gifts God has blessed you with to His glory!
Joy!
Kathy
Lovely post Shawn! You are on a roll!
ReplyDeleteLovely post and photos. The cup of fairy is so cute! I am looking forward to Spring, I wish it was here already!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy week!
Delightful, colorful and creative post for MM ~ ^_^
ReplyDeleteSweet little fairy in a tea cup carriage... Enjoy getting out and about in the garden. Yes, I do keep a garden journal. It's proven very helpful over the years.
ReplyDeleteit sounds like you are looking forward to spring, while we here are now in autumn. It was a little cooler today so I gardened this moring, well pulled weeds more likely!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by my blog today.
This fairy in a tea cup is darling!
ReplyDeleteNo gardening here yet...still snowy! :)
Thanks for the sweet poem! This fairy and tea cup makes me long for spring tea parties! Lovely!
ReplyDeleteCatherine (new follower)
What a gorgeous teacup and faity, sweet friend! The dry baby roses arrangement is lovely too. Thank you for the song. Beautiful post! Thank you for your sweet and kind comments. Have a wonderful week.
ReplyDeleteFABBY
What a beautiful mosaic! And teacup!
ReplyDeleteHello Shawn! This is such a lovely post. I too LOVE roses and pink is so pretty and dainty to look at!! I really love the fairy in the tea cup. How sweet! XOXO Ginger
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Shawn. Love the little fairy in the teacup. My back yard is buried in snow, but it has melted off of my front flower beds. Today the sun shone and I had to go out and work the ground. Planted a few pots with Spring blooms. It's amazing how working with nature rejuvenates our souls.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann
Such a pretty post! The rose si my birth month flower so it is always my favorite. I do keep a gardening journal but now that i live in the west I ahve to begin again with a new climate.
ReplyDelete