Today's photo inspiration at Little Red House is the word round.
The old Court House clock tower in Santa Barbara, California, is visible from several blocks away. A short distance from the beach, it is surrounded by eclectic boutiques, trendy eateries and swaying palm trees. It's worth a visit; it is lovely inside. If local history isn't your thing, you'll still enjoy the view from the tower!
We stumbled upon this window while touring the old Court House.
I took the photo from this angle because standing several feet in front of it, as the sunlight poured through it into the deep, cool corridor, produced too much glare.
The same window an hour later - as the sun arced across the sky, the light pouring through the window increased, then gently faded with the approach of dusk.
Thanks for your well wishes. I was able to walk a bit last night and this morning. Yipee! My leg and knee are still hurting, but there is progress. xo



That is a fabulous window you found; one doesn't often see a window of this shape and I wonder if it has some significance.
ReplyDeleteJudith
Wonderful window.....I like the angle, too! It gives the photo depth.
ReplyDeleteRound windows don't seem to be popular anymore, which is sad. They have such a beautiful look to them.
Have a great week
Jan
What a wonderful image for the round challenge. Lovely to see the change an hour made. I'd say it's poetry in a window as well!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a gorgeous window and the angle you shot it is perfect. Glad you are improving.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful round! I'm so glad your having progress.
ReplyDeleteThat window is stunning and I love the white tower surrounded by palm trees... and sun!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! What a neat place to tour.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Sarah Coller
What a splendid post, Shawn. You are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. We had snow today...again!
ReplyDeleteI hope your leg and knee are on the mend.
Blessings,
Carolynn
Thank you for your dear comments on my blog. I'm so glad you stopped by.
Love this rose window! Get well quickly, Mrs. California Sunshine!
ReplyDeleteOh such lovely photos, Shawn! Get well soon!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn, love the window and the clock tower. Here in our little town we have a clock that chimes on the hour. I love working in the garden and hearing it. What have you done? I must have missed that post. So sorry to hear that you are hurting. Get well soon! Thanks for sharing you unique photo with SYC.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Jann