I'm a kid at heart! I'm rarely bored, I find it easy to amuse myself and I enjoy things that many have long ago put aside, like child-sized tea sets. Holidays give me the opportunity to display toys, children's books and whimsical decorations. Instead of sharing elegant Easter china this week, I decided to give you a peek at a charming bunny tea set belonging to College Girl. She is home on break this week and is a great help to me as I hobble around on my sore knee. We kept it informal and set everything on our farmhouse style kitchen table overlooking the backyard.
![]() |
| Kirkland Bunnies In The Garden Tea Set |
Four bonnet-wearing bunny teacups await lemonade or Cambric Tea.
Cambric tea derives its name from a resemblance to cambric
cloth, a very thin white fabric often used to make lightweight
garments. It is believed that the French were the first to develop cambric tea, most likely as an alternative to the strong teas generally reserved for adults. Cambric tea was deemed suitable for young children since it was mostly milk and sugar with a wee bit of tea.
This tin sign has golden glitter around the edges. Aren't those chicks adorable?
The Cottontail Family live in a tree stump, covered in flowering vines.
Would you like a Snickerdoodle? They smell so good and cinnamon-y, and are perfect with tea!
Our centerpiece is a pretty white rabbit, nestled in Easter grass, and she looks like she is covered in sugar! Her coat sparkles. Next to her is an egg with a tiny scene inside. Seated on a bench, Peter is busy painting eggs.
What would Easter be without a bit of chocolate? Here are some crunchy, creamy malted balls.
The backdoor was open and we could hear the birds chirping at the outdoor feeder - that's all the music we needed today as we chatted about what to bake for Sunday morning! Hot Cross Buns? Poppy Seed cake?
Speckled eggs remind us of the empty tomb and resurrection of Jesus.
For a completely different type teatime, wouldn't these simple cups be lovely? I can imagine sipping genmaicha or oolong from them. They are Kiyomizu ware and available online.
sharing this post with:
You're Going To Love It
A Return To Loveliness
Bernideen's Tea Time Blog
Home Sweet Home
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage
A Return To Loveliness
Bernideen's Tea Time Blog
Home Sweet Home
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage












What a cute table! A;; your Easter items are very fun!
ReplyDeleteLove your tea set and the whole table setting! I have a couple of rabbit tea pots but I don't have them out right now. Hoping the snow {that is still falling} will be gone by Sunday.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love your Easter decorations. Especially that large white rabbit! The turquoise bunny dish is gorgeous too! Your Easter themed tea pot will make for the perfect Easter tea! Thank you for your lovely Easter post.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Happy Easter,
Terri
oh my gosh..your place is the place to be for Easter! so fun!! bet your college daughter is loving the color and charm of home....
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
have a blessed Holy week.
What a sweet little tea set! I also love the Kiyomizu cups!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week!
Such happy, fun, Easter decorations! Love that "Bunnies in the Garden" tea set.
ReplyDeleteHow cute Shawn!@ Love your bunn teapot, your fun carrot and I especially love the speckled eggs and the jadeite bunny! Snickerdoodles are a favorite! Glad you are getting around again...albeit slowly. Thans for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
ReplyDeleteRuth
What fun! Love the malted balls in the bird feeder -- very clever! Such a happy table .. I'll be smiling all day. Take care of the knee! Happy Tea Day!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet colors of spring... motivating me to get my decor out of the box and into the dining room! THanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteWhat a colourful and delicious table you set for this Easter tea!
Being a child at heart or young at heart is something that we all should try to live by as it makes life a lot more enjoyable and fun!
Thanks for the lovely tea.
Happy Easter!
Your home definitely looks ready for Spring!
ReplyDeleteAll of your sweet bunnies make perfect decoration.
Another blogger friend had the same teapot!
Small world...
You've created a lovely whimsical Easter table. I like the eggs in the bird feeder, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteJudith
I see a lot of my friends here. Thanks for leaving a comment and suggestions on my blog today - I am going to make a hard copy and go to the grocery store with it. That is why I love blogging.
ReplyDeleteNow about your blog - I love your tea scapes for Easter - very pretty - and you are using my favorite color. I have to go to Kirkland's and look.
Have a blessed Easter!
sandie
This is the perfect place for an Easter tea! I love the precious bunny teaset! I'm glad you are enjoying your daughter for the holiday. The thought of cross buns for Easter is a wonderful idea for an Easter sweet. Have a Happy Easter!
ReplyDeletePam
Perfect sweetness to celebrate" I love Yhe colors. Have a happy Easter. He is risen!
ReplyDeleteYour tea set is so cute! I need to find one like it. Love your post today. Blessings, Martha
ReplyDeleteOh, what a beautiful post, Shawn! HAPPY EASTER!
ReplyDeleteHi Shawn,
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute table; very whimsical! I love the eggs in the nest and the bunny. Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter to you and your family!
Blessings,
Sandi
What an adorable dish set! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
ReplyDeleteSherry
Thank you, Shawn, for linking to my HOME. Very cute and whimsical post.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter,
Sandi
Adorable!
ReplyDeleteThis beautiful, warm and welcoming post makes me feel so happy!! I love your colors and your writing!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
Jemma